You can copyright protect the following types of work:
- Any original intellectual creation of speech, art or science, expressed in any form notably written or oral text;
- Musical compositions, with or without text;
- Drama, with or without music;
- Choreographic, circus acts, pantomimes;
- Audiovisual works, such as cinema or other works made up of animated sequences of images, with or without sound
- Works of art including drawing, painting, architectural, sculptural, engraving, lithography works;
- Photographic works and works created with technology similar to photography;
- Maps, sketches or plastic works with regards to geography, topography, architecture and the sciences;
- Conferences, speeches, sermons and legal arguments;
- Software, including the design material at the preparation stage.
In CopyrightsWorld we have created our own append-only, privately generated, and publicly distributed blockchain ledger, to offer you a Certificate of Ownership (CoO) for all these types of work. The CoO is indisputable proof that you are the owner of the work that you submitted.
However, this list is not exhaustive, so contact our support team if you have any questions about the types of works our platform supports.
You can only protect a work that exists in a tangible form – not the idea of a work.
For example, you can‘t copyright the idea for a new novel – you will need to write it first. Similarly, if you have an idea for a new invention, you will need to put it down on paper, describe how it works, and even design it.
Discoveries, concepts, theories, brand names, mottos, slogans, domain names, and titles are also not protected by copyright.